And here it is, I found it hard to get the circle shape exactly right, but it is not far off and it was a lot quicker than trying to get an even circle with needleturn applique that is for sure! As I am trying to use new techniques with these cushions, I decided to have a go at using one of the embroidery stitches on the sewing machine to frame the sunflower.
All was going surprisingly well until I got distracted! Then what had been a nice, even spacing of vine tendrils became a rather dense vine. Unpicking dense machine embroidery is no joke, and I definitely learned my lesson to pay attention all the time!
Still another new technique tried and, if not mastered, at least completed, and another project moved from waiting to finished!
So this is how my WIP list looks now
- Shades of Green, Fleur Bleu, Checkered Heart, Orange, Sunflower and Reindeer cushions
- Orphan Block needle roll, Pieced Arc Tea towel, Purse and Padded Hangers Tutorial
- Sunflower and Sew Happy QAL quilt
- Play mini-quilt challenge quilt
- Patchwork Block, Dragon and Fashionista Bags
- 6 blocks of In Color Order HST BOM
- (Almost) Irish Chain quilt basted
- 8 Zakka-style SAL projects completed
- Teatime quilt pieced
- Let's get Acquainted Blog Hop project
- 5 blocks of NY Beauty QAL completed and fabric cut for remaining 5 blocks
- 12 blocks of Craftsy BOM completed (on schedule)
- In the Bag Ugly Fabric challenge fabrics arrived still waiting for inspiration!
- 4 Summer Quilt Bee blocks completed and sent
- 1 Star of Africa Bee block completed and sent
- Indigo and violet rainbow cushions
- Last block of Sampler quilt
- Amy Butler bag
- Christmas mini quilts
- Practically Paper Piecing Blog Hop project
If, like me, you have several orphan paper-pieced blocks lying around waiting to be made into something wonderful, their wait may soon be over. Kristy at Quiet Play has just announced the Practically Paper Piecing Blog Hop, which kicks off on August 1st and runs for the whole month, except Sundays. Naturally there will be giveaways and prizes involved with a linky party at the end for showing off all the wonderful creations. I can't wait, but will have to as my day on the Blog Hop is not until August 27th!
If you haven't already check out this week's Blogs on the Let's Get Acquainted Blog Hop, you are missing out on
Katie from Kati's Quilting
Jamie from Sweet Baby Jamie
Janine from Rainbow Hare Quilts
Looking forward to seeing all your progress this week.
Linking up to WIP Wednesday , Quilt Story and We Did it Wednesday