it seemed like perfect timing!
As with all of Kristy's patterns it was really straightforward to put together. There was one small blip, entirely self-inflicted, when I realised I had used the wrong fabric for one of the pieces :( As, by the time I discovered it, the entire block had already been put together I closed my eyes, counted to ten and swiftly moved on :) Hopefully, my swap partner will not be too upset by it!
The 10" block was the perfect size to be made into a worktop protector, so with some Insul-Brite wadding and an appropriately themed backing fabric that is what it became. I quilted straight lines across the worktop section and in the centre of the mixing bowl, and then braved FMQ'ing for the background! Now all I need to do is write up my recipe for my partner and with my apron already done and dusted the package will be ready to send.
I have already printed out a few more of the patterns as my own hotpads and pot stands currently leave a lot to be desired!
If you have tried paper-piecing for the first time or anything else New to You in April don't forget to link up here to this month's Link party.
Linking up this finish to