After all of the tiny pieces of the rotary cutter in July's block, this was so much more straightforward to do, and is, I think, one of the very few paper-piecing blocks that I have made where I didn't ever have to use my seam ripper :) At one point I very nearly attached a piece the wrong way round but noticed before I dropped the needle, now that is either progress or sheer good luck.
Here are all 7 of the blocks together for the first time.
Only two more to go and I will have a new addition to my sewing room, although these last two blocks look like they have some fiendish piecing.
All this paper-piecing activity means that there has been some progress on my WIP list, which now looks like this
- In Color Order HST BOM - quilting started!
- Sunday Morning Quilt Bee blocks received, 2 more to be added by me
- Sunday Morning Quilt2 Bee 13 sets of blocks received, 3 more to come
- Sunday Morning Quilt2 Bee blocks sent (on schedule)
- Star of Africa Bee blocks completed and sent (4 months behind schedule)
- Scrappy Trip Around the World Bee Q2 - sign ups start in next couple of days
- And Sew On BOM - seven blocks completed (On Schedule!)
- Paris Cushion - fabric received
- (Almost) Irish Chain quilt basted
- 5 blocks of NY Beauty QAL completed and fabric cut for remaining 5 blocks
- 18 blocks of Craftsy BOM completed (only 2 more to go!)
If you have managed to try something new before the month ends there is still time to link up here to the link party for July.
I have some exciting news that I will be sharing with you in the next couple of days too, but in the meantime here is a sneak peek of what is in store.
Linking up to WOW