During the festivities, which involve lots of singing and dancing, young girls wear national costume and flower garlands in their hair. The celebrations also involve leaping over fires and drinking beer, as you can imagine very painful injuries are not uncommon! You can see photos of the costumes here
I decided to make my first Bee block a representation of these flower garlands using EPP hexagons to represent the garland. We were asked to make an 8.5" block so the garland was necessarily small, next time I think I might try a Dresden plate block as I have just bought an Ez-Dresden ruler and can't wait to try it out:)
I am waiting to find out whether we should add a signature to our blocks before sending this off.
As I was in the mood for Bee blocks I decided to get the July blocks for the Sunday Morning Quilts Bee sorted too. This month the colour for the blocks is blue, which I was fairly sure I had plenty of scraps in, and it turned out I was right.
Don't forget to check out tomorrow's posts in the Lets Get Acquainted Blog Hop from Sarah and Catherine
As it is Wednesday again, here's how my current project list looks
- Shades of Green, Fleur Bleu, Checkered Heart, Orange and Reindeer cushions
- Orphan Block needle roll, Pieced Arc Tea towel, Purse and Padded Hangers Tutorial
- Sunflower and Sew Happy QAL quilt
- Play mini-quilt challenge quilt
- Patchwork Block Bag
- Dragon Bag
- 6 blocks of In Color Order HST BOM
- (Almost) Irish Chain quilt basted
- 8 Zakka-style SAL projects completed
- First border of teatime quilt completed
- 5 blocks of NY Beauty QAL completed and fabric cut for remaining 5 blocks
- 12 blocks of Craftsy BOM completed (on schedule)
- Yellow rainbow cushion waiting to be appliqued
- In the Bag Ugly Fabric challenge fabrics arrived waiting for inspiration!
- 4 Summer Quilt Bee blocks completed
- 1 Star of Africa Bee block completed
- Indigo and violet rainbow cushions
- Last block of Sampler quilt
- Amy Butler bag
- Bag Making Bible Fashionista Bag
- Christmas mini quilts
At long last my waiting list is getting smaller! Hope you are having a productive week too.
Happy July 4th too!
Linking up to WIP Wednesday