Friday 4 October 2013

Stamped and Dispatched

If you are reading this before 00.00GMT on October 5th, don't worry there is still time to link up your project for the
You will find the link ups here

If you are reading this after 00.00GMT on October 5th then it is time to vote for your favourites, check out all of the gorgeous entries and vote for one winner in each category here 

A few weeks ago I showed you my first ever hand-carved stamp for the

Stamp It Up!



This was practise for Nicky's Stamp it Up Swap, and as it happened my partner in the swap was the lovely Nicky herself. Knowing that I would be on holiday for the swap deadline I rushed in to the Art Supplies shop in town and bought myself a decent lino cutter and more erasers. 

I had bought an Art Nouveau design book when we were living in Riga, so decided to try and use something from it for my next stamp.  Many of the designs were too big for the erasers I had, so I decided to try and highlight an element of a design instead. 


Carved ivy stamp

Art Nouveau ivy stamp

An ivy leaf seemed like an appropriate stamp for a blogger who goes by the name Mrs Sew and Sow, don't you think?

So with the stamp sorted out, the next thing I had to work out was what to stamp it on!

Months ago I bought a set of patterns for variously sized pleated pouches from Michelle Patterns with the intention of joining in a SAL, but never actually got around to making them, so this, I decided, was the perfect opportunity to dig them out and finally make one of the pouches.

Stamp it Up pouch

And here it is, I used some linen for the exterior and a Lu Summers fabric for the interior, which I forgot to take a photograph of, but you can check it out on Nicky's blog because she was more organised than I am :)

With some fabric scraps inside, the stamped pouch just made the post before we headed off on holiday.

When I came back here is what was waiting for me from my lovely swap partner Susi!

Stamp it Up Swap parcel received


Isn't it lovely, there were also a couple of packets of sweets in the package too but my sons swiped those before I got a chance to take the photograph :)

This was a great swap, there were some amazing stamps being produced. If you have never tried eraser stamp carving, I can definitely recommend it, and if you would like to try it keep your fingers crossed and your eyes peeled for a second round of




Stamp It Up!

Linking up to Crazy Mom Quilts

and TGIFF

and

Fresh Poppy Design

14 comments:

  1. What a fun swap! You made a very fancy stamp!!! Both your sent and received projects are amazing, I will keep my eyes peeled to see if there is a second round. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great swap. I love what you received... really really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great swap , love your little purse

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible stamp carving! I love that ivy! Good for you making the pouch as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh your ivy stamp looks fantastic! Looks like a fab swap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this stamp Fiona ....what a lovely pouch. Will be checking out the next round of stamping. Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those object are all so adorable! Made with love, surely,
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both of your stamps, they make a great extra detail on your handmade goodies.

    ukcitycrafter@live.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant! I can just imagine the blood if I were to attempt this, not to mention my total lack of artistic ability!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great! So creative :) thanks for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stamping looks like fun. I got some tools for christmas last year and have yet to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like it was a great swap. The pouch you made for your partner is lovely. I need to give stamp making a try. Looks like it might be a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great swapsies all round! I actually thought your coffee cup was the real one, it was cute :o0

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate every one! I will reply by email unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case you will need to check back in the comments list for my reply, sorry!

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to the level of spam comments I have been receiving lately, sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...