Wednesday 23 October 2013

Paying it Forward

 The lovely and very talented Catherine at Knotted Cotton hosted a Pay it Forward gift on her blog some time ago, and I, with two other lucky bloggers Caroline and Kay, was lucky enough to be picked as a recipient.

Naturally with a timescale of one year attached to the gifting, I had forgotten all about it until I received this gorgeous pouch in the post!



Liberty and linen, what a great combination,but then the icing on the cake - all that beautiful hand stitching too! Apparently there was considerable chocolate consumption involved in the making of this pouch, which you can read about here. I have to say though, Catherine, it is definitely worth wrecking a diet for :) Those are 1 inch squares!!

So, now that I have received my gift from Catherine, it is my turn to Pay it Forward, which is where you come in.

If you would like to receive a handmade gift from this little corner of blogland sometime in the next year, then just leave a comment to say so. I will undertake to send a handmade gift to the first three commenters who wish to participate. The only stipulation is that, upon receipt of your gift, you must be willing to Pay it Forward to 3 more bloggers in turn within a year. That's not too onerous now is it!


Now I am off to play with my beads and decide what deserves to be stored inside all that Liberty and linen loveliness :)

17 comments:

  1. What a lovely surprise! I would like to do this having seen it on several blogs now and I have always been too late :( I have my fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to participate in a bit of Pay It Forward craftiness!
    The pouch you received is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to participate :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. just missed out, never mind it would have been nice to be part of this but maybe next time. It is a lovely pouch you received and as you say well worth waiting for

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just missed out too, but what a lovely idea. What a sweet little pouch you've received.

    ukcitycrafter@live.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy Im late! What a nice idea! I might do it too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect pouch to receive!! Have fun creating for your pay it forward recipients!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just had to enlarge the photo to check out the hand stitching... must have taken ages. Lucky girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. See now that's why I should keep up with my blog reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucky you! I love the stitching on this pouch. I was inspired me to do similar stitching on my quilt after I first saw this pouch on the Knotted Cotton blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are very lucky! Catherine's work is so beautiful. Liberty and linen the best combo.
    I

    ReplyDelete
  12. How gorgeous Fiona. Just warms the heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's gorgeous! enjoy the pay it forward :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate every one! I will reply by email unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case you will need to check back in the comments list for my reply, sorry!

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to the level of spam comments I have been receiving lately, sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...