Along the way there will be posts and tutorials on holiday-themed projects, this week's post is by the very talented, paper-piecing Queen, Kristy who has designed an adorable Christmas Robin Wreath paper-pieced pattern, where does she find the time?? The pattern will be available for free download from Kristy's Craftsy shop, but only for a limited time, so if you would like it you will need to be quick.
Having made zero progress on my Making Christmas list last week, I was hoping for better things this week, and I am pleased to report that I have managed to tick one thing off of the list. Yay!
The recipe for the Spicy Squash and Apple Chutney was from the October issue of Good Food magazine and is available here I used Butternut Squash in my chutney, but it would be a great way to use up the leftover pumpkin flesh if you are carving up pumpkins this week!
I enjoyed making this so much that I have decided to make some biscuits for cheese and put together a hamper for my brother. He is a very difficult person to shop for, but loves his cheese so I think that might just hit the spot.
So here's my updated list
- A Christmas Table Runner for our new dining table
- Two Pleated Pouches to fill with make-up/nail polishes for my daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law to be
- Two Liberty and linen jewellery rolls for my sisters-in-law
- A Knotwork Christmas cushion - for me!
- A Fairytale Cushion for my grandniece using one of Quiet Play's Happily Ever After paper-pieced patterns
Homemade chutney for my brother and sonMADE
- More dishwasher vodka!
- Biscuits for cheese for my brother
The room where I sew and craft is being decorated this week, so I think my opportunities for ticking off any of the sewing projects will be minimal. Maybe it is time to crack out the vodka :)
I hope you have been having a more productive couple of weeks than I have!
Linking my updated list up to the Link party here