Monday 28 October 2013

Fab Falcon

A couple of weeks ago the very talented Tartankiwi asked for a pattern tester for her latest paper-piecing pattern. Juliet has designed the most amazing patterns of some of the fabulous birds to be found in her New Zealand neighbourhood. Her latest pattern was of a New Zealand Falcon and as our local rugby team are known as the Falcons, and the males in this family are mad-keen rugby fans, well it was obvious that I should volunteer to test the pattern!


So I did and here is the result.


Kiwi Falcon


I don't claim to have his plumage correctly coloured but I am thrilled to bits with him. I am hoping to turn him into a cushion for our newly-decorated living room, but that will have to wait for a while. My sewing room is being stripped and repainted as I type so all of my sewing supplies are stashed in random places all over the house, it will take me days to find anything again:)

If you want to have a look at the other New Zealand bird patterns that Juliet has designed you can check them out in her Craftsy shop here They really are amazing patterns.

The falcon pattern should be available there too in the next week or so is available now!

I wonder if I left this block in the trees where it was photographed would it scare away the big, fat pigeons who are eating all of the bird food?? Just a thought :)

Hope you have had a good weekend too.

Linking up to Dandelion Dreams

and

PPPQP 

23 comments:

  1. That's amazing! I think it's worth a try:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is amazingly small piecing, that must have taken some patience! It definitely needs a black and white backing if you make it into a cushion :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colours for the plumage....looks real to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such detail around the eye and head... love it and the colours you've chosen, Fiona. I wish Juliet would design some blocks of Australian birds. Sounds like someone is doing the painting for you... lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks amazing Fiona! Well done. It will look fantastic on a pillow. Good luck with putting your sewing room back together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know the true coloring of this bird either but I love your fabric choices. Very realistic looking!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a brilliant block! He looks very perfect and I can't wait to see him in cushion form!
    I've been watching Juliet's bird blocks! She is an amazing pp designer!
    Good luck getting your sewing room back together!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He looks great. I love to watch falcons and hawks even though they eat the song birds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for doing such a great job! He looks wonderful! (Better not tell the rugby mad men of your house that the falcon is actually an All Black (hee hee!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is fantastic! Looks so alive! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Thanks Janeen,

      I was delighted to get the chance to test one of Juliet's NZ bird patterns, they are all amazing!

      Delete
  12. Love this!
    Isn't Juliet uber talented xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! That is awesome :). Love it :).

    Cheers,
    Jenn from Mellycoddle :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn, Juliet designs such great patterns, it was a pleasure to make this!

      Delete
  14. It looks fabulous!! Good luck with the sewing room redo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooo tough to not have access to your sewing room but it should be worth the wait. You have selected some great prints for your version of the falcon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate every one! I will reply by email unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case you will need to check back in the comments list for my reply, sorry!

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to the level of spam comments I have been receiving lately, sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...