Wednesday 7 August 2013

Nearly there

Last year, like many others, I signed up for the free Craftsy Block of the Month class and happily plodded away making blocks like this



that grew into this


and then became a pile like this

Craftsy Catch up

but then things ground to a halt!

The last two blocks for this BOM have been on my WIP list for ages and although I can't tick this off completely just yet, I am pleased to say that I am nearly there.

The final two blocks were paper-pieced blocks and, as you know I have been on something of a paper-piecing roll recently, it was definitely the time to get these blocks back out and finally sort them out.

So, I give you the Friendship Circle block

Craftsy BOM October

It needs a bit more ironing into submission with all of those seams in the centre, and I have to admit to taking two attempts to get the centre seams lining up, but it is finished!

So why only nearly there? Well the final, final block of this BOM is, as you can see, not quite there yet :)

Craftsy Half Block

One half of the Circle of Geese block to go! If only the husband and son weren't so insistent on eating this block would have been finished by now, and that was with them doing the cooking too! So, hopefully, with no other distractions this might be a finished block soon and then I have to start thinking about the sashing :)

I discovered yesterday that my LQS, Cotton Tree, is holding a 20% of all fabric sale starting this Saturday, so that is where I will be heading for my sashing and backing fabric, because as you know I do love a bargain.

Then with a bit more of this weather

Fuschia buds in rain

although please not on the Monday of the Test Match when I am looking forward to a whole day to myself as husband and son watch the cricket :), I might even get this quilt top sewn.

So, here's how the WIP list is looking now

  • In Color Order HST BOM - quilting started!
  • Sunday Morning Quilt Bee blocks received, 2 more to be added by me
  • Sunday Morning Quilt2 Bee 13 sets of blocks received, 3 more to come
  • Sunday Morning Quilt2 Bee blocks sent (on schedule)
  • Star of Africa Bee blocks completed and sent (3 months behind schedule)
  • Scrappy Trip Around the World Bee Q2 - signed up
  •  And Sew On BOM - seven blocks completed (On Schedule!)
  • Paris Cushion - fabric received
  • (Almost) Irish Chain quilt basted  
  • 5 blocks of NY Beauty QAL completed and fabric cut for remaining 5 blocks 
  • 19.5 blocks of Craftsy BOM completed (only a half block to go!)
Look forward to catching up on your progress too.

If you are looking for details of the Holiday Memories Mini Quilt Competition you will find them here or by clicking on the link at the top of the page.


Linking up to WOW

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

11 comments:

  1. Those blocks are looking great. Hope you get time to finish soon. Happy Bargain Hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blocks. ..........love the fabric too! Thanks for sharing. Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These blocks look great! Good for you for making the second go at the center...I hate seams that give me grief like that. I have made the Flying Geese in a Circle and yours will be great! I hope you get some quality sewing time during the match!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your sweet blocks! Boy that friendship circle does look like a seaming nightmare. Sew close to being finished.... I am looking forward to seeing that quilt top! And have fun shopping on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We could all get more done if we didn't have to eat and sleep. Love the colors. Hope you find the right fabric to finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! I am with you...why do husbands and kids need to eat?!?! This will be a beautiful quilt!! You can do it, just a 1/2 more blocks. Looks like making this quilt was a good skill builder as there are some tricky looking blocks in there. I will be back to see the grand finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the look of the circle of geese block - I'm not going to pretend I could make one, mind you (even if I had my sewing machine!). Happy fabric hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah yes children and their bellies - I wouldn't have any wip's if they didn't need constant feeding! (Ok maybe not, it may have more to do with my procrastination ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sheesh, don't those men know that fabric is bigger than food?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so, i read (in horror)

    . . . If only the husband and son weren't so insistent on eating this block. . .

    it's ok, deep breaths, i got it now,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate every one! I will reply by email unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case you will need to check back in the comments list for my reply, sorry!

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to the level of spam comments I have been receiving lately, sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...