Saturday 25 May 2013

New to Me in May!


It is the 25th of the month again, which means it is time for



 This month my New to Me projects have all been about freedom!



Seagull cushion cover


Free form Machine Embroidery on this Seagull Cushion and the Birds on a Wire below was definitely a first for me!

Peg birds


I enjoyed the Free form Embroidery so much that I attempted some more Free form but this time FMQ lettering, another first!


Rioja quilting

If you look really closely you can see "Rioja" spelled out in the quilting above!

So that's my New to Me activities this month, now it's your turn to show what you have tried that is New to You this month.

Link them up below and share your triumphs and/or disasters.

As ever please help to spread the word by linking back to this post in your post and/or adding the blog button to your sidebar.



Check out the other links and leave a comment along the way. The emphasis of this link party is to celebrate the trying of something new, whether it works out exactly as planned or not, so a little encouragement here and there would not go amiss! 

The link will remain open until May 31st so if you haven't already tried something new you still have time :)






15 comments:

  1. You did great! I think the only thing I learned is that being trapped in a loft for 12 hours kicks your mojo into overdrive ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a blog, but I did my first ever paper piecing this month. Finally overcome my fear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great free form stitching, love those birds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on the fabulous free form machine stitching, your cushion is beautiful and I love the birds too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wine-inspired quilting is such a great idea! I would like to steal your seagull!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I felt sure I'd tackled something new this month, but on checking, I haven't. I'd better get my act together next month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does longest-crafty-drought-ever count? ;P

    I love love love the seagull cushion :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've done some fab pieces this month and I'm loving the wine bottle fabric and particularly our fmq quilting on it - Rioja is certainly one of my favourites.

    I went back through my 'May' and was surprised to find that not only had I achieved more than I'd remembered but that it was almost all 'new to me', hence the huge collection that I've added to the party!!!

    Here's to an equally productive June :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved your birds enough to pin them. And I have not forgotten about the Australian Afternoon Tea - it is waiting to be posted Fiona.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! Just found you through Sew Many Ways! Its always nice to find other British bloggers! Hopefully we can keep up with the challenge of something new each month xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for inviting me to link up this month.

    You did great trying free form embroidery. Love the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I especially love the sea gull and those clothes peg birds. You've tried lots of new things :) I can't see the linky at the moment but my internet is being very slow today so it probably just hasn't loaded properly. I'll come back later :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love your birdies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love those birds on a wire! I've completely failed to do anything new this month!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate every one! I will reply by email unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case you will need to check back in the comments list for my reply, sorry!

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to the level of spam comments I have been receiving lately, sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...