Whilst I can't attain the giddy heights of intricate quilting patterns, I can at least dream about the fabrics that I would use. To help me in my daydreams, and perhaps provide a start for a quilt, I have been enjoying myself selecting fabrics for the FQ bundle contest that I'm a ginger monkey is currently running on her blog . In conjunction with Pink Castle Fabrics, one of her Sponsors they are inviting participants to put together a FQ bundle of their choice and post their selection on I'm a ginger monkey's blog. Two winner will each win their bundle and the bundle will be listed in Pink Castle Fabric's store.
Here's my selection:
The fabrics are:
Free Spirit Designer Solid in Jade
Dumb Dots in Citron
Pezzy prints Mono Pez in Gray
Secret Garden Vintage Ironwork in Leaf
Echo Spring Buds in Gray
Half Moon Chevron in Yellow
Outfoxed Leaf Stripe in Green
Prince Charming Frog Prince in Indigo
Free Spirit Designer Solid in Saffron
Secret Garden Lock and Key in Mint
Metro Living Lattice in Marigold
Metro Living Circles in Pewter
All of the FQ Bundles are very different, and it is just fun seeing what fabrics people have put together. I would happily have any of the Bundles in my stash!
As it is Wednesday again (they come around so quickly sometimes!) it is time to have a look at how I am getting on with my WIP's and link up to Freshly Pieced's WIP's and Esther's WOW.
Thankfully there is some progress to show this week, the Craftsy BOM has finally moved up to Ongoing :) Naturally, now that the Sew Happy QAL is finished, I have added a new project to the list. The Zakka-style SAL, which starts next month, is 24 small projects (I think, the book hasn't arrived yet!) so, in theory, shouldn't be too much extra sewing!
- Reindeer Cushion
- Shades of Green, Fleur Bleu, Checkered Heart and Orange cushions
- Orphan Block needle roll
- Pieced arc tea towel
- Yo-yo maker purse
- Padded hangers and tutorial
- Sew Happy QAL quilt (My March WIP of 12 WIP's in 2012!)
- 3 blocks of In Color Order HST BOM (up-to-date)
- (Almost) Irish Chain quilt now basted
- 3 blocks of FPPFTT completed (1 block behind schedule)
- First border of teatime quilt completed, blocks to be calculated and cut
- 2 blocks of NY Beauty QAL completed (on schedule)
- 3 blocks of Craftsy BOM completed (I block behind schedule)
- Indigo, yellow and violet rainbow cushions
- Last block of Sampler quilt - no progress but it is in the UK and I am back in Latvia!
- Sunflower Quilt
- Amy Butler bag
- Bag Making Bible Fashionista Bag
- Dragon Bag
- Patchwork Block bag
- Christmas mini quilts
- Zakka-style Sew a Long (starts April 2nd)
That is certainly enough to be going on with I think. Hope you all have made some progress too this week.