Friday 6 December 2013

There's a Moose in the Hoose!

Just in time for the Birthday Boy on Sunday I have managed to finish and photograph the Moose flannel pyjama trousers without him catching sight of either!


Moose pyjama trousers

This is the first proper clothing that I have sewn since school, which was a very long time ago!

I used a pattern from the Great British Sewing Bee, which was given away for free in the newspaper. I didn't see all of the TV programmes so I have no idea whether they actually made pyjama trousers in the programme or not.  I would guess that they didn't make anything as basic as these to show off their sewing talents though :)

I am not too happy with the white ties, but they were all that I had on hand, so I might change them to black ones later, but apart from that I am thrilled to bits to have finished these in time and that they are recognisably pyjama trousers! I made the Large size as I know my son likes his pyjamas loose, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that they are not too loose!

Having all boys in the family there wasn't much incentive to get into dressmaking when they were small, but now that I have made these I think I might just be making some more next year for the rest of the males in the family.

I went to a Christmas Stocking workshop at Made cafe with a non-sewing friend recently. There were only 5 of us in the workshop, which meant we all had enough time and attention to complete our Christmas Stockings on the night so here's mine.

Made Christmas Stocking

My friend was so thrilled with her first handmade stocking that she is talking of getting a sewing machine for Christmas :) Another convert, yay!

I have another workshop planned for this weekend, this time to make a Garland, so, hopefully will have more finishes to share next week too.

Neither the stocking nor the garland are on any of my to-do lists, but hey, lists are only an indication of things I would like to do when I wrote them aren't they :)

Linking up to Finish it up Friday




20 comments:

  1. pyjamas very colourful, was talking to Stuart of the Sewing Bee at a show in Harrogate and he told me they have filmed a christmas special and there is a new series coming, like you did not see them all missed the first 2 then got hooked. I do not think I could exist without my machine! also have an embellisher and overlocker plus another ordinary one would love one with a wide arm space now I am quilting but that will be a dream not a reality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great makes. I really love those pj bottoms, they are really fun. I might have a go at making some for my own pair in the spring when it warms up a bit - this time of year they are in big fleecy ones with feet in as they seem to always end up sleeping on top of their quilts rather than under them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the pj's! They look great!

    Love that Christmas stocking too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At school and in my late teens I did a lot of dressmaking, since then I have only whipped up simple curtains. Space was an issue as well as having the time. I now have an empty nest and a spare room, although my time is still limited as I work full time. I would like to keep the spare room as a guest room and I am wondering if I can also make it dual purpose as a crafting room. I would need to get rid of the double bed and replace it with a sofa bed I think. it is a nice double room and it seems a waste not to use it more now the children have left home.
    I love the PJ bottoms and well done for finishing on time.
    I watched quite a few of the Great British sewing Bee programs and thank you to Margaret for pointing out about the Christmas special and new series. I will certainly be looking out for it as it was great viewing and I loved watching how the participants developed and overcome their sewing shortfalls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work! Your son is going to love those pi's, and if, by chance, they don't fit, you can always alter them. Not only have you been going strong with your sewing, but you've made a convert, too! Good for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done for finishing the pj's, really like your choice of fabric for them and for your stocking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pajama bottoms. They came out great. And the stocking is very pretty too! Great ideas...you've got me thinking now...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who wouldn't love moose pyjama bottoms! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool pj's. What a fun fabric to use.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Smashing stocking and love the pj bottoms - they're on my 'must have a go' list but just haven't got round to it this Christmas. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like how the pajamas turned out. I make pjs for my grandsons as well. That whitish tie actually adds a nice contrast and I like the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome! Reminds me of the pair I made for my big brother when I was a little girl. His were flannel with monkeys on them, and the had french seams up the legs. He has very long legs!! Those seams went on for ever.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pjs. I have a couple of pair to get made before Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pajama bottoms are wonderful! You have my gears going. I have all sons and grandsons. Might be nice to make matching pjs for everyone for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh what a great idea, they look fab and the stocking is great too

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope that moose isn't loose aboot this hoose... ;o) Love the jammies though!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those pj trousers are fab and your stocking is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lists are made to be broken!!! I knew you'd have no problems at all making the pyjamas, Fiona. They look great! You'll be making clothes for yourself soon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome projects - they both look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The pajama pants look great! Moose are the perfect choice. Your stocking is so cute - how fun! Looks like you are on your way to a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate every one! I will reply by email unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case you will need to check back in the comments list for my reply, sorry!

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to the level of spam comments I have been receiving lately, sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...