Monday 23 December 2013

Christmas Cheeseboard - Making Christmas 2013 Week 11!

Well, the big day is almost upon us, so this is the last progress report on my list of makes for


MAKING CHRISTMAS 2013


I am still finishing off some last-minute gifts for my son's fiancee, but as they are not coming home until the New Year, I still have a few days grace!


So this fabric will be a completed Pleated Pouch by the time they arrive :)

I do have another finish to tick off that long list though.


Mouse cheeseboard


A Christmas Mouse cheeseboard!

I found the plain wooden board in a local discount shop and knew that I wanted to try transferring an image onto the board. The mouse image is from that treasure trove website, The Graphics Fairy, and is taken from a vintage Natural History book.

To transfer the image I printed the mirror image on to the waxy side of a sheet of Freezer Paper, placed the wax sheet image side down on the board and then rubbed over the image with the back of a spoon. It's the first time I have tried this and I think I probably should have used a simpler image for my first attempt!

I left the board to dry overnight and then coated the board with two coats of matte Modge Podge to seal the image.

If you have attempted anything New to You in your Christmas gift making this month, don't forget that the last link up of this year will open on December 25th! As you might be otherwise occupied that day, there is no need to panic the link up will be open until December 31st :)



 As there are still so many things that I would like to try I will be hosting the monthly New to Me link up again next year, so look out for a new button soon!


So, here is how my Making Christmas list finally looks :

  • A Christmas Table Runner for our new dining table MADE
  • Two Pleated Pouches to fill with make-up/nail polishes for my daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law to be IN PROGRESS!
  • One Liberty and linen jewellery roll for my sister-daughter-in-law NOT MADE
  • Dieter's Chocolate Hamper MADE
  • One Triple Zip pouch for my sister-in-law MADE
  • A Knotwork Christmas cushion - for me! - ONE FOR NEXT YEAR!
  • A Fairytale Cushion for my grandniece using one of Quiet Play's Happily Ever After paper-pieced patterns This is going to have to be a birthday present in the New Year!
  • Homemade chutney for my brother and son MADE
  • Homemade relish for my brother MADE
  • More dishwasher vodka! MAKING TOMORROW!
  • Biscuits for cheese for my brother SCRAPPED!
  • Something to go with cheese! - A Cheeseboard :)MADE
  • Meat rub, BBQ apron MADE 
  • Pyjama trousers for my youngest sonMADE
  • Appliqued pyjama top for youngest son MADE
  So, not too bad after all!

Thanks Janine and Rebecca for hosting such a great Link Party, and to everyone else who has supported and encouraged along the way, I would never have worked my way through so much of this list without you! 

8 comments:

  1. You have done brilliantly on your list! I love that cheeseboard!
    Good luck with the next batch of vodka!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazed at the mouse, does that man we can print onto freezer paper and print onto fabric I wonder, sounds too good to be true

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done really well with your list. Love the mouse cheeseboard.
    Wishing you a Happy Christmas and a lovely New Year x

    ukcitycrafter@live.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. ¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨. *
    ¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨ **
    ¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨*o*
    ¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨*♥*o*
    ¨¨¨¨¨¨¨***o***
    ¨¨¨¨¨¨**o**♥*o*
    ¨¨¨¨¨**♥**o**o**
    ¨¨¨¨**o**♥***♥*o*
    ¨¨¨*****♥*o**o****
    ¨¨**♥**o*****o**♥**
    ¨******o*****♥**o***
    ****o***♥**o***o***♥ *
    ¨¨¨¨¨____!_!____
    ¨¨¨¨¨\_________/¨¨

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh well done on the mouse! I was finishing some infinity scarves last night, watching 8 out of 10 and Jimmy Carr tell us that people prefer bought to made - I hope he's wrong !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did really well, and lovely idea on the cheeseboard :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a very impressive list. The cheeseboard is great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You do so many interesting projects, Fiona. Love the cheeseboard! Great going with your Christmas list.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate every one! I will reply by email unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case you will need to check back in the comments list for my reply, sorry!

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to the level of spam comments I have been receiving lately, sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...