Both of the Queen Bee's for August went AWOL so there was a deathly silence when the request for their block preference was made. So instead of August blocks I am now ahead of the game (in my mind anyway!) with the first of the Bee blocks for September done and dusted.
Jennifer asked for 25 blue blocks for the Up,up and away quilt from the book. This was the same block that I asked my Bee mates for back in May, so it was fun to have a go at them again in a different colourway. The blocks went together in such quick time that I was encouraged to keep on making them to add to my own pile.
In May I asked the Bees to send two strips of 10 2.5" white squares with a triangle in the corner, and all but three of them have come through so far, so with an extra strip sent by a Bee member I had 270 blocks. The quilt needs 589 blocks! You can see why I asked for strips, I can only admire Jennifer's fortitude in asking for the blocks to be sent individually!
Here are my 270 blocks in all of their glory.
The strips for the quilt are set diagonally so I have made a start on the first diagonal rows, 279 blocks down only another 311 to go :)
The instructions in the book call for triangles cut from 2.5" binding strips for the corner triangles but I haven't bound enough quilts to have that many triangles on hand so have been saving triangles wherever I can.
I am hoping that this bag of triangles will get me most of the way there.
So with another Bee block down and a start on my own Bee quilt here is how my WIP list is looking now
- In Color Order HST BOM - quilting started!
- Sunday Morning Quilt Bee blocks received, 2 more to be added by me
- Sunday Morning Quilt2 Bee 279 blocks made, 311 to go!
- Sunday Morning Quilt2 Bee blocks sent (ahead of schedule)
- Star of Africa Bee blocks completed and sent (only 1 month behind schedule!)
- Scrappy Trip Around the World Bee Q2 - no progress yet
- And Sew On BOM - eight blocks completed (On Schedule!)
- Paris Cushion - no progress
- (Almost) Irish Chain quilt basted
- 5 blocks of NY Beauty QAL completed and fabric cut for remaining 5 blocks
- 20 blocks of Craftsy BOM completed
Linking up to