that grew into this
and then became a pile like this
but then things ground to a halt!
The last two blocks for this BOM have been on my WIP list for ages and although I can't tick this off completely just yet, I am pleased to say that I am nearly there.
The final two blocks were paper-pieced blocks and, as you know I have been on something of a paper-piecing roll recently, it was definitely the time to get these blocks back out and finally sort them out.
So, I give you the Friendship Circle block
It needs a bit more ironing into submission with all of those seams in the centre, and I have to admit to taking two attempts to get the centre seams lining up, but it is finished!
So why only nearly there? Well the final, final block of this BOM is, as you can see, not quite there yet :)
One half of the Circle of Geese block to go! If only the husband and son weren't so insistent on eating this block would have been finished by now, and that was with them doing the cooking too! So, hopefully, with no other distractions this might be a finished block soon and then I have to start thinking about the sashing :)
I discovered yesterday that my LQS, Cotton Tree, is holding a 20% of all fabric sale starting this Saturday, so that is where I will be heading for my sashing and backing fabric, because as you know I do love a bargain.
Then with a bit more of this weather
although please not on the Monday of the Test Match when I am looking forward to a whole day to myself as husband and son watch the cricket :), I might even get this quilt top sewn.
So, here's how the WIP list is looking now
- In Color Order HST BOM - quilting started!
- Sunday Morning Quilt Bee blocks received, 2 more to be added by me
- Sunday Morning Quilt2 Bee 13 sets of blocks received, 3 more to come
- Sunday Morning Quilt2 Bee blocks sent (on schedule)
- Star of Africa Bee blocks completed and sent (3 months behind schedule)
- Scrappy Trip Around the World Bee Q2 - signed up
- And Sew On BOM - seven blocks completed (On Schedule!)
- Paris Cushion - fabric received
- (Almost) Irish Chain quilt basted
- 5 blocks of NY Beauty QAL completed and fabric cut for remaining 5 blocks
- 19.5 blocks of Craftsy BOM completed (only a half block to go!)
If you are looking for details of the Holiday Memories Mini Quilt Competition you will find them here or by clicking on the link at the top of the page.
Linking up to WOW