Wednesday 27 March 2013

The Perfect Block

If you assume from the title of this post that I have actually made a perfect block, I am afraid you are going to be disappointed!

In actual fact, I have just finished February's block, the Seam Ripper, for Quiet Plays SAL



The reason it is the perfect block though is nothing to do with my sewing, or paper-piecing, but all to do with the subject of the block - the Seam Ripper. The idea is that you can have a mistake in your block and it looks like it is meant to be. Genius!


paper-pieced quilt block showing a seam ripper about to be used to correct an error in the sewing of the block

So my upside-down mannequins are not the disaster they might otherwise have been :) That is definitely my kind of block, thanks Kristy!

The rest of my time sewing has been spent on making bedroom curtains to have the newly decorated room ready before the family arrive for Easter.


They are nearly finished just waiting to be hemmed. It has been a while since I have made any curtains but the long straight seams were strangely relaxing, even if the pattern matching wasn't :)

Guess what is next to do!


Have the fabric and the ring from the previous lampshade, just have to have a go at putting them together.

So this is how my WIP list is looking now:-


  • In Color Order HST BOM - Backed and Basted!
  • (Almost) Irish Chain quilt basted
  • Tsatime quilt pieced, backed and basted COMPLETED
  • 5 blocks of NY Beauty QAL completed and fabric cut for remaining 5 blocks
  • 18 blocks of Craftsy BOM completed (only 2 more to go!) 
  • Sunday Morning Quilt Bee blocks received
  • Sunday Morning Quilt2 Bee blocks sent (on schedule)
  • Star of Africa Bee blocks completed and sent (back on schedule)
  • Friendship Bag Swap - Bag made ready to be filled COMPLETED
  • Modern Scrappy Bits Swap 3rd Round COMPLETED
  • Triple Zip A Long pouch  COMPLETED
  • Fancy Feet Challenge signed up COMPLETED
  • And And Sew On BOM - two blocks completed (back on schedule)
  • Everything but the Kitchen Sink SAL - 2nd block sewn
  • Crafty Cooks Apron and Recipe Swap  sign ups completed and partners allocated
  • Umbrella Prints Trimmings  received   

Hope you have had a productive week. If you have tackled anything new this month don't forget to add your like to the link party here I am really loving the variety of crafts that have been attempted.





Linking up to


WIPWednesday 


Quilter in the Closet


13 comments:

  1. Curtains can be tricky and I don't know why:) They should be easy right?! I love your fabric choice for your curtains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous block! Glad you mentioned the mistake, I couldn't see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your block is perfect! I do love the stamped oops!
    I've got a set of curtains on my to do list, but they need thermal lining, so I am ignoring them and hoping a fairy will get them done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks pretty much perfect to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't see it either! Great block Fiona!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool block, love the deliberate mistake

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful block... looks perfect to me. I really like your curtains. The lamp shade is going to look fabulous with that beautiful fabric. Looking forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous block and the curtains are lovely! have a Happy Easter Fiona!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heh, way to work in that oops!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your block looks fab - I love the stamping addition!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. it looks pretty perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh well done, you are ahead of me, but it's on my list for Easter hols!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate every one! I will reply by email unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case you will need to check back in the comments list for my reply, sorry!

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to the level of spam comments I have been receiving lately, sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...