In actual fact, I have just finished February's block, the Seam Ripper, for Quiet Plays SAL
The reason it is the perfect block though is nothing to do with my sewing, or paper-piecing, but all to do with the subject of the block - the Seam Ripper. The idea is that you can have a mistake in your block and it looks like it is meant to be. Genius!
So my upside-down mannequins are not the disaster they might otherwise have been :) That is definitely my kind of block, thanks Kristy!
The rest of my time sewing has been spent on making bedroom curtains to have the newly decorated room ready before the family arrive for Easter.
They are nearly finished just waiting to be hemmed. It has been a while since I have made any curtains but the long straight seams were strangely relaxing, even if the pattern matching wasn't :)
Guess what is next to do!
Have the fabric and the ring from the previous lampshade, just have to have a go at putting them together.
So this is how my WIP list is looking now:-
- In Color Order HST BOM - Backed and Basted!
- (Almost) Irish Chain quilt basted
Tsatime quilt pieced, backed and bastedCOMPLETED
- 5 blocks of NY Beauty QAL completed and fabric cut for remaining 5 blocks
- 18 blocks of Craftsy BOM completed (only 2 more to go!)
- Sunday Morning Quilt Bee blocks received
- Sunday Morning Quilt2 Bee blocks sent (on schedule)
- Star of Africa Bee blocks completed and sent (back on schedule)
Friendship Bag Swap - Bag made ready to be filledCOMPLETED Modern Scrappy Bits Swap 3rd RoundCOMPLETED Triple Zip A Long pouchCOMPLETED Fancy Feet Challenge signed upCOMPLETED
- And And Sew On BOM - two blocks completed (back on schedule)
- Everything but the Kitchen Sink SAL - 2nd block sewn
- Crafty Cooks Apron and Recipe Swap sign ups completed and partners allocated
- Umbrella Prints Trimmings received
Hope you have had a productive week. If you have tackled anything new this month don't forget to add your like to the link party here I am really loving the variety of crafts that have been attempted.
Linking up to