In the words of the song, "the weather here is frightful" so there has been lots of incentive to stay indoors and crack on with the projects on my long to-do list!
Top of the list is the In Color Order HST BOM quilt that I optimistically listed as one of my finishes for Q1
So, in the midst of yet another snow and hail shower I got down on my knees with my curved pins and got the top basted.
I really do not enjoy this part of quilting, especially in the winter when spray-basting outside is not an option! Still it is now basted so might even be quilted and bound in time to meet the FAL deadline for Q1.
One part of quilting I do enjoy is taking part in swaps, and I have recently been the very lucky recipient of some fabulous goodies and scraps from the Modern Scrappy Bits Flickr Swap.
uberstitch, a great fabric shop on Etsy. It is definitely worth checking out if you haven't come across Pam's shop before.
Umbrella Prints Trimmings Challenge. I am hoping it will not be too long before inspiration strikes for these, although my mind is completely blank on them at the minute :) I am used to that now thanks to the Star of Africa Bee where this happens on a monthly basis :) This months theme is trees!
So this is how my WIP list is looking now:-
- In Color Order HST BOM - Backed and Basted!
- (Almost) Irish Chain quilt basted
Tsatime quilt pieced, backed and bastedCOMPLETED
- 5 blocks of NY Beauty QAL completed and fabric cut for remaining 5 blocks
- 18 blocks of Craftsy BOM completed (only 2 more to go!)
- Sunday Morning Quilt Bee blocks received
- Sunday Morning Quilt2 Bee blocks sent (on schedule)
- Star of Africa Bee blocks completed and sent (back on schedule)
Friendship Bag Swap - Bag made ready to be filledCOMPLETED Modern Scrappy Bits Swap 3rd RoundCOMPLETED Triple Zip A Long pouchCOMPLETED Fancy Feet Challenge signed upCOMPLETED
- And And Sew On BOM - first block completed (one block behind schedule)
Just my Type paper-pieced blockCOMPLETED
- Everything but the Kitchen Sink SAL - 2nd block sewn
- Crafty Cooks Apron and Recipe Swap sign ups completed and partners allocated
- Umbrella Prints Trimmings received
Linking up to
Follow my blog with Bloglovin