Wednesday 20 March 2013

Backed and Basted!


In the words of the song, "the weather here is frightful" so there has been lots of incentive to stay indoors and crack on with the projects on my long to-do list!

Top of the list is the In Color Order HST BOM  quilt that I optimistically listed as one of my finishes for Q1 


        she can quilt

So, in the midst of yet another snow and hail shower I got down on my knees with my curved pins and got the top basted.

In Color Order BOM basted



I really do not enjoy this part of quilting, especially in the winter when spray-basting outside is not an option! Still it is now basted so might even be quilted and bound in time to meet the FAL deadline for Q1.

One part of quilting I do enjoy is taking part in swaps, and I have recently been the very lucky recipient of some fabulous goodies and scraps from the Modern Scrappy Bits Flickr Swap.

This fabulous fabric basket came filled with all of these wonderful goodies from Pam, who is the lovely owner of uberstitch, a great fabric shop on Etsy. It is definitely worth checking out if you haven't come across Pam's shop before.

These scraps came my way too when I signed up to the 2013 Umbrella Prints Trimmings Challenge. I am hoping it will not be too long before inspiration strikes for these, although my mind is completely blank on them at the minute :) I am used to that now thanks to the Star of Africa Bee where this happens on a monthly basis :) This months theme is trees!

So this is how my WIP list is looking now:-


  • In Color Order HST BOM - Backed and Basted!
  • (Almost) Irish Chain quilt basted
  • Tsatime quilt pieced, backed and basted COMPLETED
  • 5 blocks of NY Beauty QAL completed and fabric cut for remaining 5 blocks
  • 18 blocks of Craftsy BOM completed (only 2 more to go!) 
  • Sunday Morning Quilt Bee blocks received
  • Sunday Morning Quilt2 Bee blocks sent (on schedule)
  • Star of Africa Bee blocks completed and sent (back on schedule)
  • Friendship Bag Swap - Bag made ready to be filled COMPLETED
  • Modern Scrappy Bits Swap 3rd Round COMPLETED
  • Triple Zip A Long pouch  COMPLETED
  • Fancy Feet Challenge signed up COMPLETED
  • And And Sew On BOM - first block completed (one block behind schedule)
  • Just my Type paper-pieced block  COMPLETED
  • Everything but the Kitchen Sink SAL - 2nd block sewn
  • Crafty Cooks Apron and Recipe Swap  sign ups completed and partners allocated
  • Umbrella Prints Trimmings  received   

Linking up to


WIPWednesday 


Follow my blog with Bloglovin


10 comments:

  1. Love the goodies from the swap! Great stuff!
    Basting is no fun, but a necessary evil if you quilt them yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, great swap goodies!!
    I am useless at basting, I can never get it taut enough as the tape pops off the floor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're almost there! Looking forward to seeing your HST'S quilt. We've had some hail and snow too. Crazy March!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got lots of great goodies from the swap. Your quilt looks beautiful, looking forward to seeing the quilting and I hope the weather gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Basting is my least favourite part too, being a scot I can sympathise with the fact it is never nice enough to spray baste outside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm off to read about Umbrella Prints Trimmings now - those fabrics have piqued my interest! I also can't get over how beautiful and flat your basted quilt is - and done by crawling around the floor. I always need an unwilling second to help out :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I spray baste inside with a mask from B&Q on, life is too short to pin ;o) Fab pouch, and love the trimmings, mine should be arriving any day now :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Umbrella Prints trimmings have arrived and I'm also totally blank on what to do!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate every one! I will reply by email unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case you will need to check back in the comments list for my reply, sorry!

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to the level of spam comments I have been receiving lately, sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...