I was wondering as I was making these blocks why I don't feel any real commitment to this BOM and I think it is because there is no (as far as I am aware) real community to this QAL. Reading Lynne's post today on setting up a virtual Quilting Bee it is clear that the friendships made in all of the online QAL's, Bees and SAL's are just as important, if not more important than the actual projects themselves and, somehow, for me at any rate this is missing in this BOM. Don't get me wrong I am enjoying the process of putting this quilt together, and looking forward to the final result, but it just feels like a part of the process is missing? Have you ever experienced anything similar?
Here are my 6 blocks to date anyhow
Having fallen way behind on the Zakka-style SAL, it is next on my list of projects to crack on with this week. What a difference a week with no travelling makes! Thanks to Wendy I now have the magnetic sheet for the Itty-Bitty magnets, so have been reeling in horror at the size of those tiny pieces, when they say Itty-Bitty they really mean it!
As well as the magnetic sheet Wendy also sent me two lovely, handmade bag charms, and this one will, hopefully, be decorating one of the bags on my WIP list in the not-too distant future! The other one is already in use, hence no photo :)
All of the above means that I have made some progress this week on my WIP list, which is looking like this
- 3 blocks of In Color Order HST BOM (back on schedule)
- (Almost) Irish Chain quilt basted
- 4 Zakka-style SAL projects completed (So many projects behind schedule!)
- First border of teatime quilt completed, blocks calculated and fabric cut
- 5 blocks of NY Beauty QAL completed and fabric cut for remaining 5 blocks
- 12 blocks of Craftsy BOM completed (on schedule)
- Yellow rainbow cushion waiting to be appliqued
- Sunday Morning Quilts Sewing Bee - book in post
- In the Bag Ugly Fabric challenge fabrics arrived, waiting for inspiration!
- Indigo and violet rainbow cushions
- Star of Africa Sewing Bee
- Last block of Sampler quilt
- Amy Butler bag
- Bag Making Bible Fashionista Bag
- Dragon Bag
- Christmas mini quilts
Hope you are all having productive weeks too.
Linking up to WIP Wednesday and We Did it Wednesday .