Although I can knit I am not the most proficient so I did wonder whether I had bitten off more than I could chew. Being someone who tends to cast on stitches rather tightly I was convinced I had gone beyond my abilities when trying to knit the first row. Fortunately, the groans coming from the more experienced knitters reassured me that I wasn't the only one who was struggling, and after the first row knitting with wire did get a bit easier.
To make the bracelet you need to roll the knitted piece back on itself (or in on itself if you want the beads encased) and then "sew" the raw edges together with more wire. The end caps have jump rings looped through with wire that is then secured to the end of the bracelet.
Next time I will definitely cast on the stitches more loosely, but apart from that it was all pretty straightforward, if a little sore on the fingers!
Once my fingers have recovered I will definitely have another go at this, it was quick to do and I would like to think that I will get neater and quicker with practise, but then again maybe not :)
As far as sewing goes I have been paper-piecing away to get a block finished for Quiet Play's Just my Type quilt. My allocated word was Comfort and I could certainly have done with some of that after the wire knitting.
The letter blocks came together really easily and apart from the self-inflicted error of a mark (chocolate??) on the white of an O block, which had to then be replaced, it was a joy to do from start to finish.
So this is what my WIP list looks like now
- In Color Order HST BOM - Top Completed
- (Almost) Irish Chain quilt basted
Tsatime quilt pieced, backed and bastedCOMPLETED
- 5 blocks of NY Beauty QAL completed and fabric cut for remaining 5 blocks
- 14 blocks of Craftsy BOM completed (way behind schedule)
- Sunday Morning Quilt Bee blocks completed and sent (ahead of schedule!)
- Star of Africa Bee blocks completed and sent (on schedule just!)
- Friendship Bag Swap - Bag made ready to be filled
- Modern Scrappy Bits Swap 3rd Round signed up
Triple Zip A Long pouchCOMPLETED Curved Seams Challenge signed upCOMPLETED
- And And Sew On BOM - first block completed
Just my Type paper-pieced blockCOMPLETED
- Everything but the Kitchen Sink SAL - no progress
Hope you have had a productive week.
Linking up to WIP Wednesday and WOW