Plenty of inspiration here for jewellery, but I was particularly taken with these tiny dancers
Walking around Riga Old Town at the weekend I discovered a poster for an exhibition by the Latvian Textile Artists Association that was taking place in a beautiful old church. Needless to say I hotfooted it straight there, as it was already the last day of the exhibition. As I had gone out without my camera I press-ganged my husband's camera, but it was a poor substitute. On leaving, however, I discovered that the exhibition had another day to run so I was straight back there the next day and this time my camera came too.
I have entered Rikka's Ring your Neck scarf challenge so was looking for inspiration. This took my eye
These were also inspiring
This, however, was my favourite
When you read this the packers will have arrived and I shall be watching my sewing equipment disappear into the back of a large van, to be seen again who knows when. To keep my mind off of this state of affairs I have been busy cutting out fabric for more Saaremaa Star blocks for the journey home.
There hasn't been much progress on the WIP list this week but I guess that is not unexpected :)
- 7 blocks of In Color Order HST BOM ( 3 blocks behind schedule)
- (Almost) Irish Chain quilt basted
- 9/24 Zakka-style SAL projects completed
- Teatime quilt pieced, backed and basted
- 5 blocks of NY Beauty QAL completed and fabric cut for remaining 5 blocks
- 14 blocks of Craftsy BOM completed (2 months behind schedule)
- 12 Sunday Morning Quilt Bee blocks completed (on schedule)
- 4 Star of Africa Bee blocks completed and sent (on schedule just!)
- Indigo and violet rainbow cushions
- Last block of Sampler quilt
- Holiday Cushion Blog Hop
- Hoop-la-la swap
- Ring your Neck scarf challenge
Hope you have been having a productive week.
Linking up to WIP Wednesday