Sunday 25 December 2016

New to Me and You!

Merry Christmas and welcome to the final New to Me link party of 2016.

I hope you have all had a happy and peaceful (!) day, however you chose to spend it.

As ever, it is the time of the month to reflect on anything that we have tried for the first time this month, whether ultimately successful or not. So, if you have attempted FMQ'ing on a handmade Christmas gift or tried a new recipe for your Christmas cake link up and give yourself a pat on the back for moving out of that comfort zone :)

My New to Me's are an eclectic bunch to end the year with.


I visited Hamburg for the first time to enjoy the delights of the Christmas Market where, as you can see, Santa made a flying visit complete with a reindeer-drawn sleigh!

I created another new tutorial for the blog on the, by now, well worn theme of Christmas Puddings :)

The most daunting New to Me though is this scary looking overlocker that has taken up residence in my sewing room.

My friend rang me one afternoon to tell me that she was in Lidl and they had just taken delivery of these overlockers if I was interested. My initial reaction was not at the minute. Then we had a couple of hours to spare before the rugby game we were going to was kicking off, there  was a Lidl within two miles ( I might just have checked!) and it wouldn't do any harm to have a look, would it??

You can see where that line of thinking got me!

So far, all I have done is take it out of the box, contemplate how scary looking it is and put it back but, hopefully, in a quiet few hours over the holidays I might manage to give it a go. All tips gratefully received :)

So, that's my New to Me for December now it is your turn.to link up and celebrate the trying of something new. Of course it would be nice if our something New's were successful, but you are amongst friends here. We know that it isn't always the case so, hey, we are here to celebrate anyway the fact that we tried :)

As ever please help to spread the word by linking back to this post in your post and/or adding the blog button to your sidebar.




Celtic Thistle Stitches



Check out the other links too and, maybe, leave an encouraging comment along the way. The emphasis of this link party is to celebrate the trying so a little encouragement here and there would not go amiss! 
The link will remain open until 23.59GMT on December 31st, so if you found some exciting new kit or notion under the tree today, get it out and give it a whirl and link up and join the party :)







3 comments:

  1. Yay!!! An overlocker. That means more baby clothes sewing. Enjoy! In no time at all, you'll wonder how you ever managed without one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW congrats on the serger - I bet you'll pick it up just fine once you sit down to play with it! I don't think I have any New to Me's for this month yet, but when hubby goes back to work in a few days I hope to try one of the new patterns I bought before Christmas - wish me luck! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I haven't used one of them but I know some people can't live without one! Wonder if they have any in my local
    Lidl?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate every one! I will reply by email unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case you will need to check back in the comments list for my reply, sorry!

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to the level of spam comments I have been receiving lately, sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...