Monday 25 January 2016

New to Me and You in 2016

Welcome to the first New to Me of 2016. Of course, as it is a new year we need a new button :)














For those of you new to the New to Me link party, it is where we celebrate the trying of something new, whether the attempt was successful or not!

My New to Me projects have been a real mixed bunch this month, I have

joined a new local quilt group! The group meets every week for 5 hours, so that should mean that I get lots of work done on the day, shouldn't it ??

I have tried my hand at some tiny tapestries, and might just have discovered a new addiction :)

I have also added a new tutorial to the Ho, Ho, Ho and on We Sew archive (link at the top of the page) with my Christmas Card Hanger tutorial.

Speaking of Ho, Ho, Ho and on We Sew I have been lucky enough to have on board a host of new, generous sponsors for the monthly giveaway prizes. This month's prize, seen above, provided by CICO books being one of them. You can be in with a chance of winning this great prize by linking up your Christmas and Holiday makes here

I have also tried a new embroidery stitch for the roof of my sewing box embroidery, and used the lovely hand-dyed thread from 21st Century yarns for the first time whilst I was at it.


So, that's my New to Me projects this month now it is your turn. As ever please help to spread the word by linking back to this post in your post and/or adding the blog button to your sidebar.


Celtic Thistle Stitches

Check out the other links too and, maybe, leave an encouraging comment along the way. The emphasis of this link party is to celebrate the trying so a little encouragement here and there would not go amiss! 

The link will remain open until 23.59GMT on January 31st, so you have some time yet to try something new and link up and join the party :)








3 comments:

  1. My new projects for the month are all over the place! Not everything worked out as nicely as I would like, but minor changes will make them better next time around :) I'm glad to have this gentle kick in the butt to keep me from spending all my sewing time doing same old-same old :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, no new projects from me this month - doing lots of sewing, though not all of it is on the blog yet. Those tiny tapestries are intriguing. Love to see a pic with something else to see just how tiny they are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More great makes and I love the idea of five hours a week of sewing and stitching with like-minded company!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate every one! I will reply by email unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case you will need to check back in the comments list for my reply, sorry!

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to the level of spam comments I have been receiving lately, sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...