Unintentionally I set myself a Maths Challenge this month when I decided that I would make not two as requested, but three Churn Dash Blocks for this month's Queen Bee in the Fat Stash Brit Bee
Diane sent us a FQ of purple fabric with instructions for a 12.5" Churn Dash block and a request to create different centres for the blocks. So far, so good.
For the first block, I fussy cut a vintage lady for the centre of the block.
No Maths Challenge there!
The second block was, however, a different story. I decided that I needed to be a bit more creative for this block.
This is not, as you might think, a second fussy-cut Churn Dash block, it is in fact
a Churn Dash within a Churn Dash, and that's where the Maths Challenge came in.
As you can see, I miscalculated a bit and ended up with an even smaller mini Churn Dash than I needed, so had to add a border to the centre block. Those titchy pieces were hard enough to piece, but I was definitely kicking myself when I discovered that they were even smaller than they needed to be!
One of these days I am going to get my head around the Maths involved with 1/4" seams and when I do piecing blocks of all shapes and sizes is suddenly going to seem so much easier :)
Another two Bee blocks done and dusted and we are not even halfway through the month yet, there is definitely something wrong somewhere!
Linking up to