Tuesday 25 September 2018

Stitching and slashing

Welcome to September's New to Me link party, your chance to share your experiences good or bad when trying something for the first time this month.


This month I attended my first ever Quilt Retreat and took part in my first (and maybe only!) Drum Workshop!

I have also been trying out a New to Me tool.


 A Slash Cutter, as I have been having a go at some Chenille squares.


Some of my stitching on this square was so close together that the cutter wouldn't fit through so I had to resort to using scissors, but I am really pleased with the effect that was achieved, so will definitely be having another go.

Image result for San Sebastian Map

By the time you read this I will have chalked up another New to Me, a New to Me city - San Sebastian in Northern Spain. I am really looking forward to visiting such an amazing region.

So, that's my New to Me's for September now it is your turn to link up and share the trials and tribulations of trying out something or somewhere for the first time. We keep it real here so whether it works out or not we want to read about it :)

As ever the Link Party will remain open until the end of the month so if you have been procrastinating over trying that new technique, consider this a nudge to jump off that fence and give it a go!




4 comments:

  1. My New to Me for September was learning how to fuse fabric. I’ve included a tutorial because I uqsed parchment paper to keep my iron clean. I was very happy with the results and plan to do more, probably for the improv Endeavorers Challenge. That’s just a hint about my challenge entry. Thanks for inviting us to hook up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally tried knit fabric! And remembered to link up with your new to me party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are having a lovely time in San Sebastian. Also, that you get to go another Drum Workshop one day! I'll look forward to seeing what you are making with those chenille cutters :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ... I’m sure I have a Chenille blade somewhere- I should dig it out and have a go too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate every one! I will reply by email unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case you will need to check back in the comments list for my reply, sorry!

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to the level of spam comments I have been receiving lately, sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...