So yesterday we took a trip up the coast to Druridge Bay to dip our toes in the always refreshing (i.e. cold!) North Sea and take advantage of nature's exfoliator :)
7 miles of beach is a lot of exfoliation!
Normally a visit to this beach also involves a trip to Calico Barn, a quilt shop in the entrance to a farm 1/2 a mile down the road, but alas, the shop was all closed up so I have to assume that it closed for business whilst I was abroad in Latvia.
On the way back home, however, I noticed a sign for a Remnant Sale, so made a quick detour to check it out. The sale was at a small furnishings workshop tucked away behind a farm shop and tea room that are regular haunts, so it was a surprise to find that I had never even noticed its' existence before. I shall be keeping an eye out for their remnant sales in future, though.
There was a great selection of trims at only £1 per metre, and fabric bundles that started at 20p! The trims above will make great bag handles and the fabric samples will be ideal for small purses and pouches. All of the fabric swatches on the right of the photo were for sale at 50p for the lot, the pale pink fabric at the back of the bundle is pure silk! I told the saleslady not to tell me how much it sells at off the bolt so that I won't be worried about messing it up when I come to sew with it :)
I feel some bag-making coming on:)
It is a while since I checked in to WIP Wednesday but I don't think there has been much progress on the list :(
Here is how it looks at the minute.
- In Color Order HST BOM - quilting started!
- Sunday Morning Quilt Bee blocks received
- Sunday Morning Quilt2 Bee 12 sets of blocks received
- Sunday Morning Quilt2 Bee blocks sent (on schedule)
- Star of Africa Bee blocks completed and sent (2 months behind schedule)
Scrappy Trip Around the World Bee- COMPLETED AND SENT
- And And Sew On BOM - four blocks completed (two behind schedule)
- Paris Cushion - fabric received
- (Almost) Irish Chain quilt basted
- 5 blocks of NY Beauty QAL completed and fabric cut for remaining 5 blocks
- 18 blocks of Craftsy BOM completed (only 2 more to go!)
Linking up to