Top of my list of projects to work on this month has been the HST quilt from In Color Order's BOM. Last time I posted the blocks were all completed and some shopping was required before I could add the sashing and borders. Having decided that I wanted a cream/ natural fabric for the sashing I found myself leaving my LQS with 2 metres of brown fabric under my arm.
Why is it though that as soon as I looked at the photo I realised that I had missed trimming one of the corners? I must have looked at that top half-a-dozen times without noticing, anyhow at least it was something easy to rectify!
There hasn't been much progress on any of my other WIP's, but that is fine by me.
So my WIP list currently looks like this
- In Color Order HST BOM - Top Completed
- (Almost) Irish Chain quilt basted
Tsatime quilt pieced, backed and bastedCOMPLETED
- 5 blocks of NY Beauty QAL completed and fabric cut for remaining 5 blocks
- 14 blocks of Craftsy BOM completed (way behind schedule)
- Sunday Morning Quilt Bee blocks completed and sent (on schedule)
- Star of Africa Bee blocks completed and sent (on schedule just!)
- Friendship Bag Swap signed up and partner details received
- Modern Scrappy Bits Swap 3rd Round signed up
- Curved Seams Challenge signed up
- And Sew On BOM - first block completed
- Everything but the Kitchen Sink SAL - no progress
I like to include small items in the package when I send out Bee blocks, so when I saw instructions for some mice pincushions in the winter issue of Making magazine, I couldn't resist having a go.
If one of your resolutions this year was to get organised check out Taryn's brilliant project sheets. They are available to download here
The first linky party for New to Me in 2013 opens on Friday, so get ready to link up and inspire us all with whatever you have tried for the first time this month.