Thursday 25 January 2018

Black, white and grey

My quest to try new things and encourage you to do the same continues, so welcome to another New to Me link party.

As it is a new year we have a new button too :)

Celtic Thistle Stitches New to Me

This month I have tried my hand at making a Fascinator for the first time.

With, I am pleased to report, a more than adequate outcome!

The next competition at the Camera Club is for monochrome photos which, I have to admit, I have never attempted before. Reading the notes I was given on the first meeting of the club I discovered that my camera has a built-in setting for black and white photography. Isn't it amazing what you can learn when you read the manual????

So, of course I had to try it out.

A walk along the prom on a lovely, sunny Sunday recently gave me the opportunity.

Birds feeding on the shoreline

Rocky shore

I was pleasantly surprised by the results, but I think I might need some more practise before I am ready to submit any photos into that competition :)

So, have you tried anything New to You this month? Share your triumphs (and disasters!) here and your fellow bloggers can celebrate (or commiserate!) with you.

As ever the Link Party will remain open until the end of the month, so if you need a nudge to try that new technique or to give that new pattern a go, consider this a virtual nudge from me :)




4 comments:

  1. I feel like we might need to see that lovely Fascinator modeled.

    The only thing new to me is a sewing machine light enough for me to haul to class and whatnot. I need to spend more time with it getting acquainted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read the manual - I always have good intentions, but I never seem to get far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did try something new but I can't share yet. How did you make your blog button? I need to make one, but don't know where to start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty fascinator!
    Ohhh, I’m off to see if my camera can take black and white pics!
    Love your photos.
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate every one! I will reply by email unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case you will need to check back in the comments list for my reply, sorry!

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to the level of spam comments I have been receiving lately, sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...