Thursday 25 June 2015

New to Me in June

Welcome to another New to Me Link Party, where we celebrate flexing our creative muscles and trying something new, whether we have succeeded or not :)


My New to Me activities this month are definitely a mixed bag.

First up, my very first published paper piecing pattern.


My Designer Shoe Boot cushion pattern that appears in the latest edition of




Next my first attempt at reverse applique for the Wine Bottle gift bag that was this month's Ho, Ho, Ho and on We Sew project.


Head on over to Charly & Ben's Crafty Corner  to add your own links and check out Ruth's wonderful So Frosty quilt pattern and Flying Geese tutorial whilst you are there!

And finally, the scary manual challenge laid down by Katy to ignore all those tempting automatic settings on my camera and try to fathom it all out for myself!


So, that's my New to Me activities this month, now it is your turn.

As ever please help to spread the word by linking back to this post in your post and/or adding the blog button to your sidebar.



Check out the other links too and, maybe, leave an encouraging comment along the way. The emphasis of this link party is to celebrate the trying of something new, whether it works out exactly as planned or not, so a little encouragement here and there would not go amiss! 

The link will remain open until 23.59GMT on June 30th, so you have some time to try something new and link up and join the party :)




3 comments:

  1. Nothing new from me this month. Been busy reading, gardening, lots of sewing behind the scenes and a little blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did try spray painting furniture! Worked out great. Don't think I have a new to me sewing skill this month! I do wan to try reverse applique though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your pattern!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate every one! I will reply by email unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case you will need to check back in the comments list for my reply, sorry!

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to the level of spam comments I have been receiving lately, sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...