In an earlier post I showed you the plans for my mini for Sew Happy Geek's Play mini quilt challenge, and I am pleased to have some more progress to show on this. Having calculated and cut the pieces for the paper-pieced corners of the playing card, I set to this morning to sew the blocks.
When supposedly trimming the last corner I managed to cut off completely the previous corner!!! That will teach me to "just fit in a bit of sewing before breakfast!". Lesson, hopefully, learnt! Next time I am cutting I will not also be working out all the things that I have to do that day.
Having bored you all with my less than stellar attempts at crochet, I am sure you will be as pleased as I am (well maybe not!) that at long last, I have a crochet post that isn't cataloguing my mistakes or pleading for help. Determined that I will master this crochet business, I found a pattern for a Cherry Brooch in an old copy of Making magazine. The pattern was designated for beginners, so couldn't be too taxing I thought, and lo and behold! it wasn't and here is the proof - my very first successful crochet project!
- Shades of Green, Fleur Bleu, Checkered Heart, Orange and Reindeer cushions
- Orphan Block needle roll, Pieced Arc Tea towel, Purse and Padded Hangers Tutorial
- Sunflower and Sew Happy QAL quilts
- All blocks of FPPFTT
- First crochet project!
- 3 blocks of In Color Order HST BOM (2 blocks behind schedule)
- (Almost) Irish Chain quilt basted
- 4 Zakka-style SAL projects completed (1 project behind schedule)
- First border of teatime quilt completed, blocks calculated and fabric cut
- 5 blocks of NY Beauty QAL completed and fabric cut for remaining 5 blocks
- 8 blocks of Craftsy BOM completed (on schedule)
- Play mini-quilt challenge design finalised and drafted, 3 corners pieced!
- Yellow rainbow cushion waiting to be appliqued
- Indigo and violet rainbow cushions
- Last block of Sampler quilt
- Amy Butler bag
- Bag Making Bible Fashionista Bag
- Dragon Bag
- Patchwork Block bag
- Christmas mini quilts
Linking up to Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday and Sew Much Ado We Did it Wednesday and Esther's WOW