Jen asked us to set ourselves 3 challenges to be completed in 100 days, easy peasy you might think!
My three challenges were to:
- Start and complete the EG project for the Game of Thrones Season 6 launch
- Start and complete my entry for the EG Capability Brown tricentennial celebrations
- Finish the Sunday Morning Quilts Bee Up, Up and Away quilt
So, how did I do?
Well good and not so good.
My contribution to the EG Game of Thrones Hardhome embroidery had to be completed and returned by March 2nd, so I was on pretty safe ground with that challenge.
The choice of beads for stitching is not great around here and I find it very difficult to judge colours and sizes on the internet, so haven't gone down that road yet. I did "acquire" several pots of seed beads when I visited my Mum a few weeks ago, so I am hoping that I will find something suitable in there to get this finished.
The final challenge project was undoubtedly the largest of the three.
The Up, Up and Away quilt wasn't even half pieced when I signed up for the challenge and I have been ploughing away religiously on it at my Monday class.
Sadly for the challenge it is not quite finished :(
I shall spare you the traumas of the quilting for now, but I can report that it is now fully quilted and just waiting to be trimmed and bound. I am hoping that the current miserable weather will continue into the weekend and I will actually get this finished in the next couple of days.
Without the spur of the Challenge I would definitely have laid the quilt aside several times during the 100 Days, so I am thankful to Jen for issuing the challenge even if I haven't quite made the finishing line yet!
Head on over to Quilter in the Closet to check out how my fellow Challengees have performed in their 100 Days.