Friday 3 July 2015

Double first!

In the last year I joined my first ever Charity Quilting Bee,the Siblings Together Quilting Bee, who make quilts to be handed over to children in care who have been separated from their siblings.

March was my month as Queen Bee and I asked my fellow Bees to make Merry-Go-Round blocks for my STQB quilt. Needless to say my fellow Bees were all prompt in making and sending their blocks, the delay in putting them all together was entirely down to the fact that I took ages to make my own Merry-Go-Round blocks to complete the top!

Well, I am delighted to say that I have not only finished the last block but have even managed to join all the blocks together, so I now have a completed quilt top to share :)

STQB quilt top complete


Not only is this the first Charity Quilt top I have completed, but it is also the first completed top from any of the several Bees that I have been part of, so a double first!

Tomorrow there is a fabric sale in a local village hall, so I am heading off early in the hope of bagging some wadding bargains and fabric for the backing, wish me luck :)

Linking up to Crazy Mom Quilts





11 comments:

  1. It looks great all assembled - congratulations! Good luck scoring great deals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on a great finish, Fiona! I wish you lots of luck and bargains at the fabric sale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt looks great. So generous of you to give your time to make charity quilts. Well done on the double finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great! Don't know that I have ever heard of or seen the "merry go round" block...but of course, I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a sibling is going to love this quilt, must check out the block as it is a new one to me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someone is going to be so happy to receive that lovely quilt. Hope you were successful at the sale.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great cause!!! Someone is going to be thrilled to receive this quilt. Hope you found what you needed at the sale.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! This is a beautiful top. The only completed bee top I've ever had was a round robin one where everyone added a border and posted it on so we all did everyone's at the same time. I sometimes wonder whether to make my blocks into a bee cushion... ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning quilt, it was be such a comfort to a poorly child!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's beautiful! Somebody is really going to enjoy it. I still have to put two sets of bee blocks together... I'm a really bad bee!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate every one! I will reply by email unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case you will need to check back in the comments list for my reply, sorry!

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to the level of spam comments I have been receiving lately, sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...