Quiltville's method for putting together Trip Around the World blocks involves sewing strips together in a loop then cutting them to the square size and ripping out a seam in each strip to make graduated strips.
So, for each 6 strip block you have to rip out 6 seams, which means in a 25 square quilt I am ripping out 150 times, more than sufficient for anyone.
Apparently not! The two aqua/black blocks in the bottom rows should be at the other end of the row. Unfortunately, this wasn't the only occasion I did this :(
And you would not believe (well, maybe given the above you would!) the amount of times this is the way these urns were facing when I looked at the finished block.
Perhaps my subconscious enjoys seam ripping more than I realised, or maybe it is because I would really like to have this finished before my son comes home for the weekend in a week's time.
Despite all the seam ripping going on I am more than halfway with this quilt top, which is kind of a minor miracle at this stage.
Two more rows to go, and goodness knows how much seam ripping and I will have a quilt top! I am not following the Trip Around the World pattern exactly as I have gone for a 5 x 5 arrangement I thought it would look a bit odd, so have gone for chevrons instead.
If you haven't already check out the free patterns at Quiltville you should there are loads, all aimed at using up your scraps :)
So here is how my list is looking
- In Color Order HST BOM - quilting started!
- Sunday Morning Quilt Bee blocks received
- Sunday Morning Quilt2 Bee 10 sets of blocks received
- Sunday Morning Quilt2 Bee blocks sent (on schedule)
- Star of Africa Bee blocks completed and sent (3 months behind schedule)
Scrappy Trip Around the World Bee- COMPLETED AND SENT
- And And Sew On BOM - four blocks completed (one behind schedule)
Crafty Cooks Apron and Recipe Swap- COMPLETED AND SENT
- Son's quilt - 3 rows sewn, 2 rows to be added
- Paris Cushion - fabric received
- (Almost) Irish Chain quilt basted
- 5 blocks of NY Beauty QAL completed and fabric cut for remaining 5 blocks
- 18 blocks of Craftsy BOM completed (only 2 more to go!)
Linking up to WOW