Monday 3 April 2017

Waves

The second of my 100 Day Challenge projects is to make a complete outfit for the gorgeous grandson with my serger.

Having already made these leggings, next on the list was a t-shirt to match.

And here it is! I thought that a long-sleeved t-shirt might be too warm for the boy in the summer when this will hopefully fit him, so went for the short-sleeved option. I was a bit disappointed with how wavy the neckline was, so checked out my trusty Craftsy Serger Class and discovered that it was down to an incorrect setting of the differential feed (????). One simple adjustment later and the sides of the t-shirt were stitched without a wave in sight :)



Clearly practice is needed, and for practice I need fabric, so these lovely organic knits from Jelly Fabrics might just have turned up on my doorstep recently! Who could resist those whales and deer??




9 comments:

  1. you have certainly mastered the serger such cute clothes for your GS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the cutest fabrics ever!!! Love the leggings. Thank goodness for Craftsy classes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cute little outfit and I love the whales!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable. I think I want a serger now. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous fabrics, Fiona. Well done on fixing the 'waves'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable outfit - the fabrics (including the new ones) are so sweet and modern and fun! Whales - how awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been enjoying watching your progress with the serger. You certainly seem to be mastering it quickly! The shirt is adorable and the new fabric is great too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate every one! I will reply by email unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case you will need to check back in the comments list for my reply, sorry!

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to the level of spam comments I have been receiving lately, sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...