Wednesday 6 January 2021

You've got to pick a placket or two!

 Over the summer,as you know, I had great fun making clothes for the gorgeous grandsons. Once I had made them (more than) a few t-shirts I decided to branch out and have a go at polo shirts! 


My, by now, well-thumbed Ottobre magazine had a pattern for a polo shirt so nothing ventured, nothing gained. 

 


Well the nothing gained bit was right! I struggled with getting my head around the instructions for getting the placement of the cut for the placket so my first attempt was definitely a bit off centre! Fortunately, I had (just) enough fabric to cut out another front piece and have another go.



Very considered cutting later I had my very first placket and in the right place to boot!





Well, I couldn't make for one grandson and not the other so emboldened by my success I stitched up this one too.


I am not by any means a dressmaker so the finishing touches on some of the Ottobre patterns are often a surprise to me, like this bound neckline, but they are always worth the little bit of extra effort (and at times, some head-scratching!).

I am currently working up the courage to make a couple of showerproof jackets for the grandsons, fingers crossed they do not turn out to be a step too far :) If nothing else, it will keep me busy in this new lockdown! 













4 comments:

  1. Gosh Fiona! You are very brave making clothes! Do you use an overlocker?
    I’ve never tried making T-shirts as I’m not sure how I’d tackle that type of fabric.
    I like the sound of showerproof jackets, look forward to seeing them!
    Keep safe and well my friend!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work! I learned to do these when my boy was little, but I'm afraid I'd have to learn all over again! Love the bunnies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate every one! I will reply by email unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case you will need to check back in the comments list for my reply, sorry!

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to the level of spam comments I have been receiving lately, sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...