Friday 21 July 2017

Summer Stitching

The gorgeous grandson is growing at a rate of knots and is also about to go on his first summer holiday, so if these aren't an opportunity for some summer stitching I don't know what is :)

Cathy at Blueberry Patch has a grandson a couple of months older than our bundle of joy, so she is a great source of pattern inspiration. Recently she posted photos of shorts made from a pattern from Vagabond Stitch. Needless to say the pattern was very smartly downloaded after I had read Cathy's post!


And here's my first attempt at a pair of Baby Bloomers! I am rather proud of them :)

I made the 12-18mth size and as the gorgeous grandson is not yet 1 year old I was worried that they might be too big, but his mum informs me that getting him dressed is a bit of a struggle at the moment so bigger is better!

Of course I couldn't stop at just one pair now could I?

So, once I knew that the size was alright I rustled up a spotty pair for the holiday wardrobe.

and a plain blue pair just because!

The pattern was very straightforward so they came together in no time. Stitching in elastic is really not my favourite thing to do, but apart from that they are a cinch to stitch up. Well, they are if you don't put one of the cuffs in the wrong way round, but we will not go there.

Next up, some new t-shirts to go with these shorts :)

Linking up to Crazy Mom Quilts




4 comments:

  1. he is going to be a very well dressed youngster with these bloomers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on the bloomers. I love sewing for the grandchildren. Can't wait to see the tee shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky lad having such a crafty grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are on a roll sewing for well dressed Gorgeous Grandson!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate every one! I will reply by email unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case you will need to check back in the comments list for my reply, sorry!

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to the level of spam comments I have been receiving lately, sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...