Thursday 28 April 2016

Floating up up and away!

Welcome to another TGIFF, the link party that celebrates that lovely feeling of a finished project!


My finish for this week has been a long time in the making, as regular readers will know :)

So, a drum roll please - I have finally finished my Sunday Morning Quilts Bee quilt, Up, up and Away!!!

And here it is!

I backed the triangle strip front with the last of the cotton yardage that I bought in the bedding factory shop in Latvia, which you can see in the photo below.

It was the perfect backing for such a multi-coloured quilt, I found some turquoise fabric printed with triangles in my LQS, so that naturally found its'  way into my basket for the binding.

In the book this quilt was quilted with straight lines across the quilt, but as my points weren't exactly perfect that wouldn't have been quite as straightforward as it sounded :) So, I chose to randomly quilt swirls to remind me of kite strings.

It seemed like a good idea at the time, but one broken needle later and six snapped threads I wasn't quite so sure.

Still, another Bee quilt finished only 2 more to go before all of my Bee commitments are complete.

Now it is your turn to link up your finishes and celebrate with your fellow quilters. Check out the other linkers too, a little bit of applause is always welcome and add the TGIFF link/button (on the sidebar) to your post and spread the celebrations!








21 comments:

  1. Your quilt is beautiful...I know what you mean about needles breaking when quilting through several layers! It's very annoying...thanks for hosting this week :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it when the needle breaks when I am quilting. It puts a hole in the quilt. This finish is beautiful, with all these tiny pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a wonderful finish Fiona and from where I'm sitting, this week in Austin, Texas, your points look absolutely perfect ;D Have the best weekend and thanks for hosting TGIFF this week - Chris :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. a great quilt triangles not easy to work with it looks super

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on your finish and it looks great. the backing is the perfect colour for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, there is a lot of work in this quilt Fiona, but worth it. All those different size triangles. I like the turquoise backing and the binding looks a perfect match. Thank you for hosting TGIFF this week.
    Smiles
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Fiona!!! The turquoise backing is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your finish. It looks great. I've often thought about making that one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like perfect points to me! I've seen a couple of these quilts online now, and I'm thinking I need to buy the book and make one myself :) Kudos for finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, beautiful finish! The backing is a great print for your quilt. I wonder if the thread count was higher and caused the broken needle and stitches? I'm a little late the party, thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done on getting it finished, it's a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on lovely finish! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yet another fab finish, it looks wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's gorgeous - so fun and colourful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I so love that quilt! I've started collecting triangles!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is a fantastic finish! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Clapping for your fabulous finish !!!! I love this quilt. Happy Mothers day to you! Janita

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, I'm so glad I got to see the finish. I love it. And you've reminded me that this really should be something I start now and make blocks in spurts so I'll have one someday, too. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate every one! I will reply by email unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case you will need to check back in the comments list for my reply, sorry!

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to the level of spam comments I have been receiving lately, sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...