Saturday 18 October 2014

Ho, Ho, Ho and on We Sew October

Well we really are in the swing of Christmas crafting now, the shops are beginning to fill up with Christmas gifts and apparently the last posting dates for surface mail to Australia and New Zealand have already passed!

So, the time is definitely right for another Ho, Ho, Ho and on We Sew link party.


This month's link party is hosted by the very talented and imaginative Janine at Rainbow Hare Quilts. If you haven't already come across Janine's blog, you must check it out you will be inspired! Janine has designed the loveliest sewing machine cover I have ever seen :)

If you are new to the party, let me fill you in on the details. Paula and I decided at the end of last year that Christmas 2014 was going to be different, this time round there would be no late-night sewing sessions or frantic last-minute dashes to the Post Office. This time we were going to work on Christmas and Holiday projects throughout the year so come December we would be so organised we wouldn't know what to do with ourselves :)

We decided to share our plans with our blogging friends and invite them to be organised too, with a monthly Link Party to provide a gentle nudge. As ever we have a lovely incentive for you to get crafting and linking and this time we have not one but two giveaway prizes. Head on over to Rainbow Hare Quilts to find out what you might be in with a chance of winning.

The winner of last month's Christmas ribbon giveaway was Deborah at Sunshine through the Rain


My own Christmas crafting has been very minimal this month so I will really need to up my game in November :)



Some coasters to go with the wine glass charms and that's it!

I did get in the Christmas mood with one of my Bee blocks though



Fat Stash Brit Bee block for Jane

Jane from the Fat Stash Brit Bee sent out some Christmas Fabric for her blocks so I thought that I would have a go at a Christmas Dresden. I think this would make a lovely cushion so might revisit this pattern before the end of the year.

So now it is over to you to link up your Christmas and Holiday makes for October at Rainbow Hare Quilts.


As ever we are grateful to our lovely and generous sponsors who have provided us with such great prizes for the Link Party.
Fluffy Sheep QuiltingRay Stitch HaberdasheryBackstitch


Quiet PlayQuilting Fabric at the Fat Quarter ShopPlush Addict Logo  Posie: Patterns and Kits to Stitch by Alicia Paulson

11 comments:

  1. Years and years ago I sent a parcel (a Christmas ornament for a swap) from Canada to Australia. I don't think I knew anything about Christmas mailing cut-off dates, as I mailed it at the very end of November, and I didn't send it airmail because - well - it had almost 4 weeks to get there :/ It arrived in Aus on Valentine's Day --- it took 10 weeks to get there, LOL! It was a lovely (IIDSSM) ribbon angel - I wish I still remembered how to make them as it was quite pretty, and I didn't make one for myself. That was my introduction to the reality of mailing deadlines to far off lands!

    Pretty CHEERS coasters, and the Christmas Dresden plate block is sweet - love the candy cane print!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty Dresden! I am in the mood for Christmas sewing, now to find the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the Dresden Fiona! Christmas is fast approaching!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that Dresden!! I enjoy Christmas sewing and stitching and do it year around so I'm in seventh heaven when Christmas ideas start showing up in blogland. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hoping the rugby world cup is going to deliver on one of my presents, keep your fingers crossed please!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Christmas dresden :-) Time to seriously get into the Christmas sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saw the dresden pop up on Flickr it is gorgeous! I really need to start some christmas sewing but a small quilt to finish first!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the coasters; I think they are pretty clever :) and I totally agree that the Christmas dresden would make a great seasonal cushion. I might have to borrow that idea from you for next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Christmas dresden looks great. The bow was the perfect way to give it that Christmas wreath feel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE your Christmas Dresden! Such a clever idea and looks stunning. Thank you for kind intro to my hop post :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate every one! I will reply by email unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case you will need to check back in the comments list for my reply, sorry!

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to the level of spam comments I have been receiving lately, sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...