Monday 15 September 2014

Beginning production

Three years ago when our middle son married I volunteered to make bags for each of my daughter-in-law's bridesmaids, so when our eldest son got engaged last year naturally I volunteered to do the same again. The wedding is this week so you might imagine that I would have had the bags all done and dusted a long time ago, sadly you would be wrong! As is my usual, I have been working right up to the wire on these.

To get back into the swing of things, bag making wise, I decided that the first bag made should be the one requested by my daughter-in-law, who bought this frame and picked out some fabrics from my stash.


The fabric is a Kona solid, but I have no idea which one!

The interior fabric is Fox Field by Tula Pink and was perfect for the owner of this little chap :)


There was talk of having him as the ring bearer, but it was decided that he couldn't be trusted to keep focused on hopping down the aisle of the church when there was all that tempting greenery around :)

One down, only seven more to go!

18 comments:

  1. Oh hello little fella! What a gorgeous bun he is. I wanted all 4 bunnies outside the venue when Igot married, but hubs put his foot down... I would have been covered in fur and hay as usual, not a good look with a wedding gown! Oh, and I love the bag too, just got distracted by the flufster

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhhhh my gosh that is a sweet little snap clutch! That's the nicest kiss frame I've seen - it's so elegant! Dapper Mr. Bun Bun should actually be modelling it, but I heard he was too busy with his entourage - doing bun things etc. - busy lad :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect bag and I love the jazzy lining!! Hope you've been wearing in your new shoes;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh he is so sweet, and I love the connection to the lining fabric. Good luck getting them all done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That lining fabric is so unexpected! The bag is beautiful, and the bunny is adorable. Have you been practicing your dancing in the wedding shoes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Fiona, you've got your work cut out. Still that clutch is just gorgeous, good luck getting the others finished too - Chris :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. The purse you have completed is gorgeous!mi can't believe you have 7 more to make!!! Have a fun week sewing and enjoy the wedding!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what lovely presents for the bridesmaids something I am sure will be treasured, best of luck getting them all finished on time and have a wonderful day at the wedding

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bag, no, the bunny, no , the bag oh I can't decide which I like best! Actually while the bunny is gorgeous, you MADE (!!!)) the bag, so the bag wins! It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, just so much wow. The bag is fantastic. Enjoy the wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing bag. Can't wait to see the others! Hope you get it all done in time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The bag is fantastic, love the fun fabric inside. Good luck with getting the others finished and hope the wedding goes off well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What great a grat bag, the lining really suits perfectly. I must keep an eye out for those abg frames, they are a fabulous idea. Hope the rest of the bag making goes well. Enjoy the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohh, I love it! The 'secret' bunny lining is gorgeous - Can't wait to see the rest x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the contrast between the exterior and the lining, Fiona. Looks fabulous!!! Good luck getting the rest done.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice! I love the interiour fabric choice!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful bag. I love the interior fabric, very fitting for the recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  18. lovely and personalised. That is the joy of having something hand made :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate every one! I will reply by email unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case you will need to check back in the comments list for my reply, sorry!

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to the level of spam comments I have been receiving lately, sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...