Wednesday 5 August 2015

To market, to market ...


We are heading off to visit friends next week, so naturally I decided at the last minute that a quilt would be the ideal present to bring with us!

Here's the progress so far


The pattern is called Floating in the Air and is from the Aug/Sept 2013 issue of Quilt magazine. The pattern calls for 63 charm squares for the block centres, but I have reduced it to 49 as the full size quilt would take up all of the baggage allowance :)

I am using up the text charm squares that I received in the Texty Charm Swap, which I discovered when looking for the link that I received two years ago!

No progress will be made on the piecing for the next two days though as I won this in a giveaway run by Bernina a couple of weeks ago.

I have never visited the Festival of Quilts before, so I am really looking forward to it.

Fortunately, the show coincides with the first day of the next Test match in the Ashes cricket series, so whilst I am browsing the eye candy at the Quilt show my other half will be soaking up the sun at Trent Bridge. Win-win all round :)

Linking up to WIP Wednesday

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great way to avoid a test match! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the quilt show, Fiona!!! If you're like me, you'll be glad you don't have to go to the cricket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the quit looks good, I like the idea of putting the white on each bock presume this means no dreaded sashing to add at the end.
    Might see you at FOQ oh no think you are there today I am there tomorrow and saturday, it is one amazing show. I would enjoy the cricket fingers crossed we do well this test too

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOooOO I have one (or two?) prints from the line on the top of your pile of fabrics - I can't remember the name, but I remember buying a bit when I first saw it :D Have fun @ the Festival of Quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you had fun at the NEC and left me something to buy. I'm off there on Sunday. I must admit though If given the option I would have gone to Trent Bridge as I'm a cricket fanatic

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like the block I call LJ 7r - enjoy putting it together, it's a lovely result x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate every one! I will reply by email unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case you will need to check back in the comments list for my reply, sorry!

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to the level of spam comments I have been receiving lately, sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...