I chose to make 8 of the 9 blocks so that I could have a tall, thin wallhanging and it has definitely worked.
As this was very much a sampler quilt I took the opportunity to use it to practise my free-motion quilting, using a different pattern in each block. I have already subjected you to most of the quilting patterns I used so won't bore you again other than to show off one pattern that hasn't been posted before.
I got very carried away with myself at one stage and decided to have a go at quilting some flowers! As this is my first attempt please don't look too closely :) It is, however, recognisably a flower, which is more than can be said for some of the other attempts it is fair to say. Still that definitely counts as progress in my book!
The quilt is sashed with Sew Retro Pattern fabric and just in case anyone misses the sewing connection it is bound with Sew Retro Cotton Reels, both by Makower. I added a hanging sleeve at the back when attaching the binding, so now have something else waiting for my other half to put up!
I am thrilled to bits to have this finally finished and must thank Kristy for such a great BOM, and apologise to her too for taking so long to finish!
This is also another finish for Q1 of the FAL, so even more reason to celebrate
And because it is for me I'm posting it to Moira's
Linking up to