When cutting out the centre blocks I had several melon shapes of the blue floral left, so they became a flower centre for the back of the tablecloth.
My husband was pressed into service to hold the top up as it is far too windy today for a photograph. Upon hearing that it was destined to become a tablecloth for the garden table, he has claimed this for himself as the perfect cover-up when he is sleeping (sorry reading!) in the garden on a sunny day. So it looks like I have lost my tablecloth already!
Now that I have this WIP off the list I can make a start on another one. The Triple Zip A Long kicked off on Monday, but I have been putting off starting until this Curved Seams challenge was finished. I ordered several zips from ZipIt thinking they would take a couple of weeks to get here, but they were really speedy delivering them so they actually arrived on the first day of the ZAL. How is that for service?
My fabrics are now cut and I am ready to join in with the ZAL.
Three zips in one pouch should definitely knock on the head any lingering difficulties with inserting zips, well that is the plan anyway!
So here is how my WIP list is looking now.
So my WIP list currently looks like this
- In Color Order HST BOM - Top Completed
- (Almost) Irish Chain quilt basted
Tsatime quilt pieced, backed and bastedCOMPLETED
- 5 blocks of NY Beauty QAL completed and fabric cut for remaining 5 blocks
- 14 blocks of Craftsy BOM completed (way behind schedule)
- Sunday Morning Quilt Bee blocks completed and sent (ahead of schedule!)
- Star of Africa Bee blocks completed and sent (on schedule just!)
- Friendship Bag Swap signed up and partner details received
- Modern Scrappy Bits Swap 3rd Round signed up
Curved Seams Challenge signed upCOMPLETED
- And Sew On BOM - first block completed
- Everything but the Kitchen Sink SAL - no progress
If you have tried something New to You this month and haven't already linked up to
here and if you haven't tried anything new but would like to try something New to You then check out the great links already posted, craft bloggers are a really inspiring bunch!
Linking up to WOW and WIP Wednesday