Wednesday 4 September 2013

Paris Cafe Cushion - progress

Now that I can tick the SMQ Bee blocks off of my list, it is time to turn my attention to some of my own WIP's.  Perhaps it is because we are heading off to France soon, but the next project to surface from the WIP pile just happened to be this.

The embroidery was started at a class at my LQS just over a year ago! I finished the embroidery and even ordered some appropriate fabric from Sew Me a Song to make the panel up into a cushion but that had been all the progress made since the class.

When I received a copy of Pillow Pop , compiled by Heather Bostic, for my birthday recently I discovered the ideal project for my embroidery. The third project in the book, Photogenic, is for a cushion cover that incorporates an embroidered panel on the cushion front, so the wait to start this project was obviously meant to be :)


And here is how my embroidered panel looks now with suitably French food and wine themed fabrics for the borders!

With some straightforward quilting and an envelope backing I might even have a finish for Friday out of this too.

So this is how my WIP list looks now

  • In Color Order HST BOM - quilting started!
  • Sunday Morning Quilt Bee blocks received, 2 more to be added by me
  • Sunday Morning Quilt2 Bee 279 blocks made, 311 to go!
  • Sunday Morning Quilt2 Bee - COMPLETED AND SENT
  • Star of Africa Bee blocks completed and sent (only 2 left to make!)
  • Scrappy Trip Around the World Bee Q2 - COMPLETED AND SENT
  •  And Sew On BOM - eight blocks completed (One left to make!)
  • Paris Cushion - top completed 
  • (Almost) Irish Chain quilt basted  
  • 5 blocks of NY Beauty QAL completed and fabric cut for remaining 5 blocks 
  • 20 blocks of Craftsy BOM completed 

So, that's my progress this week, hope you have had a productive week too.

Linking up to

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced Maybush Studio

13 comments:

  1. I love the pillow on the cover of that book, but I haven't seen the inside. Yours looks like a great project, and finishing it will be a bit of an additional birthday gift:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to be going to France! Your WIP looks great

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for your own projects moving up on the list! That's going to be a cute cushion; I love the embroidery!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is going to be a fab cushion. I love the embroidery against the stripy fabric.
    How exciting to be going to France... I hope you can share some photos with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done, it looks lovely. I am very jealous you are off to Paris. I love it there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, it looks lovely. I am very jealous you are off to Paris. I love it there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coming on in leaps and bounds now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this embroidery! I too have been guilty of leaving embroidery half-finished for months and then finding that a little dedicated sewing each evening can get it finished very quickly! This is going to be a lovely cushion x

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a lovely embroidery, it makes a great cushion

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your embroidery is going to make a lovely cushion. Lucky it was left as a WIP :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your embroidery is going to make a lovely cushion. Lucky it was left as a WIP :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate every one! I will reply by email unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case you will need to check back in the comments list for my reply, sorry!

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to the level of spam comments I have been receiving lately, sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...