Fortunately I remembered that I had made this bag a few months ago for my son's girlfriend, who was also going to the wedding.
The theme of the week has definitely been bags, as not only did I get the bag for the wedding finished I also managed to squeeze in some sewing on the patchwork bag that I had cut out before we left Riga. On the face of it this bag looked to be as straightforward as the frilled pouch, but the instructions were rather vague and I had to work out for myself how to join the squares at the side without having the seam allowance on the right side, and I am not altogether happy with the corners where the lining and the exterior join, but that might have something to do with me rushing it to get another finish in time for my May entry in 12 WIP's in 2012 ! Given the colours of this bag, I have christened it my Jubilee bag as it is finished just in time for the Jubilee weekend.
SewMamaSew Giveaway Week, there are even more quilting and blogging delights to be had this week. First up is voting for the Play mini quilt challenge quilts, which closes on Friday at GMT 13.00. There are some fabulous quilts in the challenge so you will be spoilt for choice. Click here to vote for your favourite.
Also on-going is the Let's get acquainted Blog Hop, organised by the very efficient Beth at Plum and June This week's blog posts are from
Heidi from Fabric Mutt
Amy from Amy's Crafty Shenanigans
Jodi from Tickle and Hide
Jennie from Porch Swing QuiltsThey are definitely worth checking out! The Blog Hop will continue through till October so there will be lots of new bloggers to meet over the coming months. Check out too the guest blog and giveaway from Deborah at Whipstitch that's running this week.
As it is Wednesday again, here's how my current project list looks
- Shades of Green, Fleur Bleu, Checkered Heart, Orange and Reindeer cushions
- Orphan Block needle roll, Pieced Arc Tea towel, Purse and Padded Hangers Tutorial
- Sunflower and Sew Happy QAL quilts
- All blocks of FPPFTT
- Sibling Together 20 Blocks sent and received
- First crochet project
- Play mini-quilt challenge quilt
- Patchwork Block Bag
- 3 blocks of In Color Order HST BOM (2 blocks behind schedule)
- (Almost) Irish Chain quilt basted
- 4 Zakka-style SAL projects completed (So many projects behind schedule!)
- First border of teatime quilt completed, blocks calculated and fabric cut
- 5 blocks of NY Beauty QAL completed and fabric cut for remaining 5 blocks
- 8 blocks of Craftsy BOM completed (on schedule)
- Yellow rainbow cushion waiting to be appliqued
- In the Bag Ugly Fabric fabrics sent waiting for swap fabric to arrive
- Indigo and violet rainbow cushions
- Last block of Sampler quilt
- Amy Butler bag
- Bag Making Bible Fashionista Bag
- Dragon Bag
- Christmas mini quilts
Linking up to WIP Wednesday
We Did it Wednesday